Monday, June 02, 2008

New in Paperback: Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

Around this time last year, January Magazine contributing editor Andi Shechter reviewed Austin Grossman’s Soon I Will Be Invincible. Though she certainly wasn’t alone in liking the book, she liked it a whole lot:
I hope that Austin Grossman had as much fun writing this book as I had reading it. I’m delighted by the knowledge that this dead-on “superhero” v. “evil genius” story comes from someone whose expertise is in romance and Victorian literature. What a hoot! You have to wonder if Austin Grossman wrote Soon I Will Be Invincible to shake off the traces of literature that clung to him as a PhD candidate or if there’s some heretofore unrealized connection between high camp and high literature. No matter. It’s a hugely enjoyable book.
When Vintage releases the paperback on June 10th, there will be a beach read-sized version to love.

Here is Shechter’s 2007 review.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.