Tuesday, July 01, 2008

21 Distinctions of Wealth by Peggy McColl

Don’t ask me how it happened, because I do not know but somewhere between the mortgage crisis and breaking the hundred dollar a barrel mark for oil, Issue # 1 emerged. And things changed.

While the environment is still important -- as are eating healthily and raising smart kids and making sure the correct tyrant gets that office this fall -- the reality of a future without marble countertops has entered a lot of people’s minds in the last few months. Never mind taking marble for granted: we’re suddenly not even sure that, in five years time, we’ll be able to afford countertops at all.

Enter Peggy McColl and 21 Distinctions of Wealth: Attract the Abundance You Deserve (Hay House). McColl’s advice is pretty easy to digest. Stop sweating the small stuff, the author of Your Destiny Switch seems to be telling us. Stop looking at minutiae and instead, live the way you were born to be:
Wealth is your birthright. It’s everyone’s birthright! The silver spoon was in your mouth on the day you were born. You may not realize it because you think that to have riches you need lots of cash or financial holdings – or a genuine silver spoon – but this is a very limited and distorted way of thinking about wealth …. What most people don’t realize is that wealth is an energy force.
There’s more to it than that, of course. It’s a whole book, after all. I’m still working my way through it, trying to put into practice some of the things McColl is trying to teach. What the hell, is what I’m thinking. There’s a pile of gold coins on the cover and I wouldn’t mind gettin’ me some of that. All I have to do, McColl says, “is let go of the negative thoughts and feelings that have been blocking you and open yourself up to the gifts you were born with.”

With oil now over $143. a barrel, I need to open myself up and attract me some abundant wealth pronto. I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.