Monday, September 19, 2011

David Abrams Will Be Debut Novelist

Though we don’t, as a rule, report on publishing deals or much in the way of industry news I’m delighted to tell our readers that long-time January Magazine contributing editor and the personality behind The Quivering Pen is about to become a debut novelist.

Abrams, who has been reviewing for January Magazine since 1999, has accepted an offer from Grove/Atlantic to publish his Iraq war novel Fobbit. Abrams reported today that he is “honored and thrilled to have my manuscript accepted by the same publishing house who brought you A Good Scent From a Strange Mountain by Robert Olen Butler, Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes, Peace Like a River by Leif Enger and Lost Nation by Jeffrey Lent -- all books I count among some of my favorites.”

Congratulations, David. We’re so proud of you. And at this point, all I can really add is a heartily delighted, “I told you so.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.